Thursday, August 12, 2010

BFFs Unite: True Breastfeeding Stories - Part 3

This is Cindy Ramas-Salado's entry to the Babymama contest on Facebook, and can be found originally in this link: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=314563&id=123748187654467. Check out the BEST and WORST advice that she ever received about breastfeeding :) Hope the best advice is of help to other nursing moms out there! :)


 

BEST ADVICE RECEIVED:
Breastmilk is the best expression of the love, care and security and peace of mind (and pocket) you can give not just to your baby but to your family!
- gift of wisdom from God which I received on the 4th day after i gave birth. I was in the brink of depression because i thought i don't have milk at all (came out a week later) although the painful sign was there - engorgement!). Good thing I lifted my frustration to the Almighty, who assured me to just trust Him. Also, it pays to educate yourself on breastfeeding through surfing which made me appreciate more BF more =)

2nd BEST ADVICE RECEIVED:
Try expressing milk by hand.
- given by my previous boss during my baby's christening which was also her 1st month old & our 1st year wedding anniversary. Surprisingly, it is faster & no need to spend anything. The disadvantage of this when I'll go back to work this coming August 16 are the following:
- I have to do this in full privacy & away from my workspace
- both hands are tied up - the other one will be squeezing & the other will be holding the bottle to catch the milk

WORST ADVICE:
- none yet (I am grateful to be surrounded by people who are supportive on breastfeeding) ;-)

& by the way, I also l♥ve Gisele Bundchen who bravely said despite : "I think there should be a worldwide law, in my opinion, that mothers should breast-feed their babies for six months. Some people think they don't have to breast-feed, and I think, 'Are you going to give chemical food to your child when they are so little?'" Best if we BF moms will go beyond 6 months ... Count me in to be a BF advocate =)

No comments:

Post a Comment